If simple and delicious is what you’re looking for, these Superfood Chocolate bites are calling out for you. They are quite literally melted rich dark chocolate topped with your choosing of nuts, fruits, dried berries and anything else you want! I made them for a catering event I did a while ago and realised I never shared the recipe with you all so voila!
They are incredibly moreish (dangerously so!) and are perfect to keep in the fridge for when you want something sweet to munch on. You can even take a few into work (as long as they’re not travelling through the Dubai summer heat otherwise expect them to melt slightly) and have them with an afternoon cuppa. I personally love the crunch that the nuts & seeds bring and think they compliment the chewy & sweet dried fruits perfectly.
Enjoy and make sure to share your creations with me! @LeanLivingGirl xx
- 100g Lindt 85% dark chocolate
- Selection of superfood nuts and fruits:
- Bee pollen
- Dried goji berries
- golden raisons
- Pumpkin seeds
- Melt the dark chocolate in a Bain-Marie (Put chocolate in a glass bowl, over a pan of boiling water and melt the chocolate gradually).
- Have a sheet of wax paper ready and spoon small dollops of the chocolate onto the paper.
- Use a tsp to smooth out the chocolate from the centre to make a small circle.
- Press your selection of nuts and seeds carefully into the melted chocolate circle (You can use tweezers for ease).
- Move the wax paper with the chocolate circles ontop to the fridge and leave to set for 4-5 hours.
- Serve as pleased!