Tomorrow I’m off skiing to Morzine and what a week it’s been at home! I’m already starting to get used to the crisp air and it’s days like today when the sun is shining that the cold and frost on the grass just doesn’t seem that bad. In fact, it transports me to a little The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe scene, at least it did whilst walking my cute white fluffball this morning.
After a refreshing walk, I opened up the fridge to shelves full of berries and yummy ingredients that I couldn’t let go to waste whilst on the slopes. So, I’ve been cooking all morning coming up with different creations to share with you all! The first of which is this delicious and super simple Strawberry Crisp! Crunchy, fruity and completely gluten-free and sugar-free!
There’s Lemon and Raspberry Cake, Cranberry and Coconut Cookies and Morning Mango Bars all to come but I thought I’d start with one of my favourites first. Safe to say I am ready to clonk out for the day.
I had it for breakfast with some greek yogurt and it’s simply divine! Crispy, sweet oats infused with a natural strawberry flavour and gooey strawberry pieces. Full of nutritious nuts and seeds and completely Gluten-free. It can prove tricky to get a real ‘crunch’ on home-made granola but this one is crunch-perfect and can be kept in a sealed container to enjoy throughout the week!
- 100g Gluten Free Oats
- 30g Flaked Almonds
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon
- 20g Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Medjool dates
- 1 tbs Date Syrup
- 2 Tbs Coconut Oil
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 tbs Nut Butter
- 4 Fresh Strawberries
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 140℃ and place the baking tray in the oven to heat up.
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds and flaked almonds in a bowl.
- In a blender, mix together that banana, dates, date syrup, nut butter and coconut oil until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the oat mixture and combine well with a wooden spoon.
- Slice the strawberries lengthways into 8 pieces per strawberries and add to the mixture an stir.
- Add the 1tbs of coconut oil to the hot baking tray and pour the mixture into the tray.
- Shake the tray and spread the mixture so it's even and place on the middle shelf.
- Bake for 25 minutes until starting to crisp golden brown and remove the tray half way through to shake and then replace.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes (Important so it hardens!) then serve with yoghurt or milk!