I don’t know about you but a hot, sweet, fruity crumble paired with smooth banana ice cream will do me any night of the week … or breakfast for the matter if you’re following the Livias Kitchen trend! Jack, weirdly, is not a fan of crumbles but that just makes it an even better dessert for me to cook because I get to enjoy all the results!
If you’re looking for a healthy dessert to make that’s easy, ‘fancy’ and absolutely delicious at the same time – these crumbles are exactly that!
The healthy crumble topping is a crunchy sweet mixture of toasted oats, almonds and coconut and is better than any other sugar-filled pre-packaged crumble mix!
The banana ice-cream is the simplest of simple when it comes to the recipe; “blend frozen bananas” (winner).
And the crumble isn’t too far behind! The plums and pears go really well together here, giving sweetness and texture at the same time.
We’re off to see X-men tonight … one of these is totally coming with me. #Don’tJudge
Enjoy! LLG X
- 700g ripe red plums (5 pieces)
- 640g Pears (4 pieces)
- 1 ripe medium banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 150g organic rolled oats
- 50g unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 50g flaked almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 2 Bananas
- Chop the bananas for the ice-cream into pieces and place in the freezer in a freezer bag overnight.
- Pre-heat the oven to 210℃
- Cut the plums and pears into equal sized pieces and place in pot of simmering water, coming half way up the fruit.
- Add a tsp of cinnamon and tbs of maple syrup to the fruit, stir, and leave to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Mix the oats, 1 tbs maple syrup, 1 tsp cinnamon, coconut and almonds in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil to a frying pan on medium heat and pour in the oats.
- Keep stirring the oats for 2-3 minutes so they start to toast.
- Drain the fruit making sure to keep the liquid they have cooked in.
- Whizz up the banana in a food processor and add to the cooked fruit and mix well.
- Pour the fruit into the ramekin and add 2 tbs of the liquid they were cooked in to each ramekin.
- Finish with the oats on top.
- Cover with foil and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Just before serving, remove the frozen banana pieces from the oven and put them in a blender. Blend until smooth and serve with the hot crumbles.