Lemon and coconut have got to be individually two of my favourite ingredients…but together they make something very special! The combination is tangy and sweet, chewy and fruity all in one. These little balls are the perfect pick-me-up when you’re craving a sweet treat and are completely guilt-free, made with only nutritious and healthy ingredients. I love them for after dinner with a cup of green tea!
I made them for an event I catered last week and heard they went down rather well so I have ultimate confidence in the deliciousness of these raw health balls! Plus there’s only a few ingredients and they are very quick to make so win win! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- 1 lemon - juice and zest
- 2 tbs honey
- ¾ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- Additional coconut for coating the balls.
- Whiz up the almonds and cashews in a blender until they resemble a fine-like flour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix very well with a wooden spoon.
- Evenly scatter desiccated coconut on top of a plate for rolling the balls in.
- Scoop up a large teaspoon of the lemon mixture and roll into a ball using your hands.
- Place the ball on the plate of coconut and roll it around so it's fully covered.
- Repeat with each ball (Should make 20).
- Place in the fridge for 1 hour to set and then serve.
- These will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.