Warm, oozing chocolate puddings. Yes please! These hot Chia Seed puds are filled with sweet rich flavours that will get all your taste buds tantalising! They are heavenly bowls of what can only be described as ‘chocolate popping candy’ with hits of sweet coconut and juicy strawberries! Are they healthy? YES. Chia seeds are a great base for a desert because they can expand up to 10x their original size when soaked in water, filling us with a delicious pudding minus the calorie overload! There are only 40 calories worth of chia seeds in each serving of this desert not to mention all the nutritional benefits they come with.
It’s chocolatey, it’s gooey, it’s got texture and bundles of flavour! If you’re looking for a very easy desert to prepare for a dinner party or simply a healthy guilt-free treat for you, then this hits the spot every time! Make sure that when you put the Chia seeds in the fridge overnight, you don’t do it all in one and combine the cacao in advance. If you do this then the Chia seed gel won’t form and you’ll end up with what is effectively a bubbly runny hot chocolate.
- ⅛ cup chia seeds
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbs cacao powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbs Honey
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ⅛ cup desiccated coconut
- Fresh strawberries and coconut to top
- Mix the chia seeds and water in a bowl and leave in the fridge, covered, overnight to soak.
- Remove the soaked chia seeds from the fridge and place in a pan.
- Add the coconut milk and remaining water and bring to simmering point.
- Add the cacao powder, coconut and honey and mix well until combined and the pudding is heated throughout.
- Remove from the heat and place in your serving bowls.
- Top with coconut and fresh strawberries and serve hot.