This creation is one of THE best examples on how healthy eating can still be insanely delicious and hit the sweet spot! 9 times out of 10, I’m searching for something sweet after dinner that will finish the meal off to perfection. Sometimes a green apple with mature cheddar cheese will do the trick, but there’s nights when that doesn’t quite cut it. Those nights are when I want something that feels like a real treat – a dessert. Plus, for dinner parties, serving up chopped raw fruit doesn’t always get you the nomination of hostess with the mostess! Enters in these stunningly good honey and spiced poached pears!
If you’ve been following my InstaStories, you’ll know I’ve teamed with an incredible company in Dubai called Greenheart Organic Farms. They’re not a big corporate firm, but instead a wonderful creation from a woman wanting to make Organic, healthy produce readily available for anyone who wants it (and at a very reasonable cost). I fell a little bit in love with their ethos and produce so I’m going to be showing you guys how to create delicious and simple recipes using them!
This poached pears recipe is honestly so simple and you can team it with pretty much whatever you like! It’s a classicly-loved recipe that means anyone, health-conscious or not, will love to have it put down infront of them! Served with a big helping of one of my fave ice-creams at the moment – (the chocolate and toasted almond flavour from Nobó ), it’s the perfect combination of sweet and flavoursome softened pears with rich guilt-free choc icecream.
I ordered a bunch of stuff from Greenheart’s online store and it comes in these boxes, with everything individually packaged. Soft, medjool dates come in old school brown paper bags that brings me back to sweet shops as a kid! I love how natural and authentic everything is.
So, to the recipe!
It’s as simple as peeling the organic pears and popping them in the honey spice liquid, leaving them to simmer 15-20 minutes and voila! I will pop the recipe down below xx
Hope you love it as much as I do!
Here is Greenhearts website: http://www.greenheartuae.com. Highly recommend checking them out!
- 3 Organic pears
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbs honey
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 vanilla pod, sliced open on one side.
- Handful of flaked almonds
- 1tsp coconut oil
- Ice-cream of your choice - mine is Nobo, Chocolate and toasted almond flavour
- Pour the water in a saucepan and add the cinnamon, nutmeg, honey and vanilla pod - bring to a simmer.
- Peel the pears and place them in the spiced water whole - cover and leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until softened throughout. You don't want them too soft that they fall apart.
- Add the flaked almonds to a frying pan with the coconut oil on a medium heat.
- Keep moving the almonds and toast for 3-4 minutes until golden brown (don't overcook, it's not a nice taste!)
- Drain the pears, making sure to keep 2 tbs of the spiced water.
- Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla pod and mix these in the water you keep.
- Serve the pears hot and pour over the 2tbs of spiced vanilla water.
- Add an extra drizzle of honey, sprinkle with the toasted almond flakes and add a dollop of chocolate ice-cream.
- Serve and enjoy!