HELLOOOO Pancake day!!!
I mean seriously, GET IN. An excuse to eat all the pancakes you want with toppings galore. Couldn’t think of a better morning, let alone dinner .. snack .. nibble .. munchies and everything else in-between ;).
In all honestly, I know most pancake recipes on the web are full of rubbish and would probably take you to your daily calorie allowance in one serving. OR, there are those few which have the healthy tag but instead of sugar, are just pumped up with honey and natural syrups. Yes, I’ve drizzled mine with honey, but there’s none in the recipe itself, and besides, who pictures pancakes without drizzle?
So, with that said – I’ve tried to do things a little differently. I’ve created a stack of healthy pancakes that are damn delicious and even better – super simply to make! With a scoop of protein powder added in, and the ‘flour’ base made by whizzed up oats, they are super satisfying and will hit that sweet spot every time!
Hope you love them! Make sure to tag me in your recipe re-creations with the #LLGEats
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 Scoop Chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 1 Tbs Chia Seeds
- ½ Cup Oats
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 75ml Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Large Ripe Banana
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1 tbs Coconut oil
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth
- Add half the coconut oil to a frying pan on medium heat
- Pour in the batter (1/6 of batter = 1 pancake)
- Cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown
- Add the rest of coconut oil when cooking the next batch
- Serve hot and enjoy!
- Optional: Top with chopped strawberries, natural yoghurt and honey